[mythtv-users] scheduling a currently showing recording

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 02:04:08 UTC 2014

Hoi Karl,

Friday, November 28, 2014, 2:51:23 AM, you wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
>  Start watching the show in LiveTV, then press the record button.
>  There's a record button on my remote, and should be the r/R key on the
>  keyboard (I haven't tried this, see
>  https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keybindings).
>
>  Cheers,
>  Alistair

> It may have something to do with the "future showings" because I
> successfully started a recording on an in-progress show (one of the
> Thanksgiving parades, which have no future showings in the next 2
> weeks) *without* first going to Live TV. I'm on on 0.27.4 (Gentoo).

> Karl

That was my guess too when I encountered it some time ago. But since I
only record so adhoc if I'm testing I forgot about it. It would be
nice that if you select a show in the guide it would record that one
and not a future repeat! But I guess it comes with the standard select
mechanism, where a complete recording is favored over an incomplete
one.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven