[mythtv-users] Comcast and Cablecard CGMS copy-once problem

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 16:06:27 UTC 2014

I posted a message in the Comcast forums asking for then to do something
about the channels I can no longer record with Ceton since the cablecard
firmware update. This is their latest response

"I know our engineers have been talking with MythTV on this. It might be
due to a FW or SW update that Myth TV released that is causing this -
combined with the recent cable card FW update in your area. The team
continues to investigate.

The settings in our cable headend have been verified and are accurate as
Copy Freely."

Is it true that they are talking to MythTV about it?

Here is the link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/CGMS-flag-is-preventing-recording-from-USA-Network-and-FX/m-p/2417048#M114651

Peter