[mythtv-users] are rules case sensitive?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Nov 27 00:55:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:34:42 +1100, you wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:32:50 -0500
>"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>> > The rule is just SQL - so it follows the MySQL rules.  So yes, it
>> > should be doing a case insensitive match.
>>
>> unless you've corrupted your schema.
>>
>> That said, the easiest way to find out if it's case sensitive is to
>> try using a capital V and see if anything changes...
>
>The rule name and string now start with a capital.  No change yet.
>
>> > It is possible that the scheduler thinks that this match has been
>> > previously recorded, and so will not record it again.  I would
>> > suggest going to the program in the guide and seeing what it is
>> > flagged as. Or go to Manage Recordings>  Recording Rules and use
>> > Ctrl-S to search for your rule, then use the O key to see all the
>> > listings that currently match that rule.  You may see that all of
>> > the matching listings are greyed out as not going to be recorded
>> > for one reason or another.  If there are no matches for the rule,
>> > then I have no clue as to why it would not match.
>>
>> Or it's possible that MythTV thinks that showing cannot be
>> recorded--i.e. due to Input Connections configuration issues.
>
>There was another rule just looking for program title of exactly
>"Vikings" with a higher priority set to not record, but why was it not
>flagged as not recording or "x"?

It might be a good idea to delete the higher priority rule and see
what happens with just the one custom rule.

>Introducing a third rule got it flagged.  Back to one rule looking
>for %Vikings% and nothing from "mythbackend --printsched". How do
>you kick the scheduler to update? I'll reboot and come back to this.

To force a reschedule, use:

  mythutil --resched

But it should be unnecessary as changing any recording rule from
mythfrontend should cause a reschedule automatically.

One other thing to check - go to the rule in Manage Recordings >
Recording Rules and hit Enter, then go to Schedule Options and check
that "Recording rule active" is set and that there are no "Schedule
filter" options set (like "This channel").