[mythtv-users] Why do I have some recordings never end?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:00:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today, I'm going to remove all tuners and listings and re-add them again
> from scratch.

Remember to do the "delete all capture cards"
and not the "delete all capture cards on <host>".

I would probably also do a "delete all video sources"
and reestablish all the input connections.  And,
since you are very likely to be using Schedules
Direct, make sure all EIT toggles are off.

It is entirely possible that the method you
used to change providers exercised some
edge cases which were not well tested, or
handled correctly.  All sorts of such strange
internal "inconsistencies" tend to get fixed
when you reestablish the base relationships
between the tables by using the "delete all"
approach.

Now, if you want some fun, restore your DB
from before the provider switch, carefully
document every step of the switch, and then
see if the problem is reproducible.  If so,
you may have found a real bug (either in
the code, or the documentation).