[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e DVB-T2

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:46:31 UTC 2014

I have a DVBSky T9580 which has the same SI2168 tuner chip as the PCTV
292e.  Myth worked with the closed-source driver on DVB-T and DVB-T2 but
I found a problem when I tried the open-source driver.  It would work
only on DVB-T.

I'm testing some patches to support DVB-T2 and it now works for me.  I
followed the same approach as Myth currently uses to switch between
DVB-S and DVB-S2.  If the "mod_sys" field in the dtv_multiplex table
contains "DVB-T2" the driver is set to use DVB-T2 otherwise it is set to
DVB-T.

I haven't submitted the patches yet for two reasons.  First, the only
way to set a multiplex to DVB-T2 is to manually enter the multiplex in
the database.  I haven't done anything yet about mythtv-setup.  It needs
some way to set the modulation to either DVB-T or DVB-T2 when entering a
multiplex manually and also a way to do a full scan with DVB-T2.
Secondly, I'm using the fixes-0.27 branch and I'd need to test with
master before submitting the patches.  If anyone wants to test what I've
done so far or take it over and finish it please let me know.

David