[mythtv-users] digital card

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Nov 24 22:22:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm already using a DCT700 stb with a channel change script as well as a
> pair of digital tuners with a home fashioned OTA antenna, free HD the Scott
> in me has did and gone to Heaven.
>
> Could it be that the second line rep at my cable co. misrepresented my
> ability to continue recording. When asked the tech person said that I would
> not be able to use a analog capture device after their cut off date of Jan
> 23,2015. But they also said that the second analog TV downstairs would
> continue to display TV with no problems. Now I scratching my head. I use
> Cogeco in SW Ontario. I'd love yo just merrily roll along, can anyone
> confirm?
>
> It is a little strange that they would say that the analog TV would
continue to work (maybe they meant with a DTA or STB?). Or maybe they were
just trying to push their own DVR solution? Anyway, if you're already using
your STB with your PVR150 then you should be good to go. Unless maybe you
need to change your STB (seems unlikely). Your digital tuners with OTA
should be unaffected.

Karl