[mythtv-users] mythtv website down

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 04:06:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The mythtv.org website seems to be down.

Not the first time.  But there is a (longer term) plan.

Last I knew, the server that much of the mythtv
infrastructure is hosted on has been encountering
random (hardware) failures requiring manual (at
OSU) interaction for quite some time.

As I recall from previous statements, migration
off the old server hardware (to OSU provided
service platforms) has been slowly progressing,
but due to long standing "cruft" in the existing
server it has been reported to be taking some
time to unravel some old, and ill-documented
software interrelationships to provide proper
migration to appropriate platforms (not to
mention the devs have real jobs and other life
responsibilities).

So, I have no doubt it will get fixed once
the appropriate devs with reboot authority
are available.