[mythtv-users] Patches that improve mythcommflag accuracy

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 23:28:37 UTC 2014

Hoi Doug,

Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:29:25 PM, you wrote:

> faginbagin wrote:
>> Commercial flagging is a tricky business. It's relatively easy to tune it for a specific recording, but quite often what you do for one recording, seriously screws up the accuracy for another recording

> Too bad commercial flagging couldn't 'learn' from the end users.  For
> the initial training, it would identify the show/series/what have you
> and; we could go in and do corrections (training).

> Sort of like bayesian training for SPAM filters.

> Doug

I now have the patches for almost three weeks in place. Testing took
some time for most I watch is commercial free. It looks like it gets
all breaks, but all to short. So far I haven't noticed false catches.
Most breaks are 7 to 8 minutes long and it catches only just over 6
minutes. Since I have the skip set to manual I first thought that
somehow the max length was set to short, but on checking it is as I
thought set to 600 or 10 minutes. Skipping again doesn't work or skips
to the next break.
I don't know about the mechanisms involved, but most breaks start and
end with the show sponsor clip, so I would think that would make it
easier. Maybe this to short catching has to do with my problems with
the seektables as mentioned further on, but I always rebuild them
before checking.
My settings are to use all methodes and no experimental speed-up or
strickt checking. I record SD with two PVR500's on a dedicated backend
with a AMD64 dualcore and 4Gb memory.
I's difficult to compare with the past for I have trouble since
upgrading from 0.26 to 0.27 with my seektables (they make the show
much to short) and I had an error in my script to first rebuild before
comm checking. I only fixed it when I compiled with the fixes. So the
last half year I skipped by hand ( I have right set to skip forward 1
min. and left to skip back 10 sec. Very handy). In 0.26 I had regular
falses and misses and also had sometimes (after I set it to manual
skip) to skip twice. But that could be before I lengthened the max
skip. But also often the full length.
I live in the Netherlands so all shows are from the dutch commercial
channels. If you want I can get you some sample recordings. Just say
how to get them to you.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven