[mythtv-users] user jobs vs the built-in kind

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:23:08 UTC 2014

Hoi George,

Saturday, November 22, 2014, 5:58:04 PM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> I have a long-running user job and have noticed that the frontend
> doesn’t give any indication that a recording has an active job. With
> commflagging and transcoding I get the little spinning marker next
> to its name (I’m using Blue Abstract for the theme) but for user
> jobs I have to go the the system status -> jobs menu.

> Also problematic is how the backend doesn’t seem to check for
> running user jobs when deciding if it’s safe to shut down. They do
> get restarted the next time the machine comes up but it would be
> good to have them run all the way through the first time.

> Is this behaviour intentional or an oversight? And, would a patch to change it be committed?

> For extra bonus points: every so often I read the four job limit is
> going to be lifted from myth, what’s the status of that? It would
> make an awfully nice Christmas present ;)

> - George

I have been looking at this too. I have noticed that if you run the
build-in perl scripts they update the jobqueue status if you start
them with %JOBID% and the right verbosity rather then with %FILE%.
This is the status you get when you hold your mouse over the active
job in mythweb status. I'm still looking on how to use this for my own
scripts. It would be nice to get a progress on my transcoding in stead
of just "running". I guess you have to regularly update the jobqueue
and maybe set some status indicator through the html interface. Maybe
this would also help with what you want.
Anybody knowing more on how this should work?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop