[mythtv-users] mythbackend causing server to show significant load at time

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Nov 20 17:39:04 UTC 2014

I am running very close to the latest trunk version of mythtv and have
recently been having some very strange things happen.  I record from
antenna with two HDHR's and have been doing so for about a year now.
About a month ago I started having intermittent recording problems with
pixelated recordings and the backend would usually die and be brought
back with systemctl in a few minutes. This usually seems to happen when
I am recording three or four shows and then try to use a frontend to
watch a recorded show.  When I do that my master backend with start to
show high load and then the backend will crash.  This does not happen
all of the time and so far nothing interesting has been in the logs.  I
have noticed that my fedora distro has replaced mysql with mariadb and
was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Thanks