[mythtv-users] FE upgrade to support 4k TV

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Nov 20 12:48:36 UTC 2014

On 20 Nov 2014, at 13:08, Peter Buelow <goballstate at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses. I mostly figured this would be the bulk of it. Probably will scale this back to a high end 1080p and wait to see what happens.

I would only buy a UHD/4k TV right now for work purposes, the few transmissions are not really as good as a normal HD transmission yet.

Last night’s UHD transmission worked ok but lots of improvements needed to encoders and cameras and everything in between!

If any MythTV developer wants a clip from the transmission to work with I can provide a few minutes of 2160p50 hevc transport stream.

Andre