[mythtv-users] Mythlink.pl & Recordings Directory

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 20 03:47:29 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 05:12 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2014, at 5:56 am, "Matt Emmott" wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 2:16 PM, jim wrote:
>>> I would like to point mythlink.pl to a directory other than the the mythtv-default location, /var/lib/mythtv/recordings. I am totally new to perl and am not sure what to change in mythlink.pl to achieve this goal. Any gurus out there that can share a "perl" of wisdom on this? Thanks.
>> I'm at work so this is from memory, but can't you just run mythlink.pl --link "/destination/of/symlink" ?
> It appears Matt is correct. See here for more usage details:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl

To add a bit more information that may be more of an answer to the
question you wanted to ask (though you may not have had the information
needed to ask it correctly), my guess is that what you describe as "the
mythtv-default location, /var/lib/mythtv/recordings" is actually the
location at which some package-provided script on a package-configured
cron job is creating links for you (because the mythlink.pl default
location is actually a subdirectory called "show_names" under one of the
directories in one of the Storage Groups defined on your system).  So,
really you probably just need to edit the cron job to specify the
desired --link/--destination/--path argument.

Mike