[mythtv-users] No more airplay

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Wed Nov 19 11:00:37 UTC 2014

> Seems like my airplay stopped working after the iOS 8 update. I tried my
> iPhone 4, iPhone 6 and iPad - only audio works. Video no longer comes -
> even though the symbol in the airplay shows a "TV" of sorts instead of the
> other symbol that denotes "music only"
>
> Do I need to do anything on my frontend?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ash.

Hi Ash,

This has been discussed previously here. The problem is (as far as I can
understand) that Apple has changed the encryption of AirPlay for video.
This means that for the moment AirPlay with video will not work (I think it
won't work on any of the opensource projects anymore). The only way to get
it working again is to purchase an Apple TV, until someone cracks the
encryption. The reason for music working is that that is a separate
protocol that has been cracked previously.

Regards,

Andréas