[mythtv-users] Record one hour of a show everyday?

Mike Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:05:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:49:19 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >Any ideas how to get a single rule to record these programs?
>
> It looks like you would need to use two power rules ("Custom record"),
> one for M-F, and a different one for Sat and Sun.  The first rule

Thanks, but I was looking for a way to do it with a single rule.  With
different titles/programids on the weekends and multiple rules I suspect it
would keep the recording for a week before deleting it.  I really want only
one of these around.  My current single power rules gets them all but
records too much some days but that's not a big deal.  I was just hoping to
optimize a bit.

I guess if I was really ambitious I could try to insert an override rule
automatically on certain days.  Not really worth it in this case since
there isn't much contention for tuners at 6am.