[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 remote not working after Debian 7 upgrade

David Parker parker.david.a at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 04:19:10 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the replies.

I was indeed using the devinput driver with lirc, but it seems the
lircd.conf file wasn't correct.  I was able to get it working using the
info from this forum thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1856731&page=2

Specifically, this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1856731&p=11657822#post11657822

The main change I had to make was replacing the /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file
with one containing only this line:

    include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"

Also, per the instructions farther down in that thread and also from some
other Google results, I copied my /etc/lirc/lircrc file to ~/.lircrc,
~/.lirc/mythtv, and ~/.mythtv/lircrc for the mythtv user -- I'm not sure
which one is actually being used by MythTV, but I'll try to narrow it down
later when I have a bit of time.

Cheers,
Dave