[mythtv-users] LCD and Mythweb Questions

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Nov 15 23:18:01 UTC 2014

On 11/13/2014 09:53 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/13/2014 09:52 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>
>         On 11/13/2014 10:34 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>
>             On 11/8/2014 2:07 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>                 The second odd thing is with mythweb.  When I use
>                 firefox from the
>                 FE/BE system, the channel icons on the listings and
>                 recorded programs
>                 page
>                 are all scaled to the same size and look OK.  When I
>                 use firefox from
>                 some other machine, the channel icons are not scaled
>                 at all. This
>                 produces a poor UI.  Some are larger and some small.
>                 Why would
>                 mythweb scale the icons sometimes and not for others?
>                 Note, when
>                 accessing
>                 from the FE/BE system, I use the 127.0.0/mythweb URI,
>                 and from other
>                 machines the 192.168.x.x/mythweb URI.  I cannot see
>                 why that should
>                 matter.

>             Anyone have any ideas how to fix mythweb to scale the
>             channel icons?
>             I compared the HTML source from the web browser for the
>             working (FE/BE
>             system) and non working (any other system) and they are
>             the same (that
>             is what I expected).  How/where are the channel icons
>             suppose to be
>             scaled?
>

>         Looking at: <whereverYourMythwebIs>/modules/tv/classes/Channel.php
>         near line 118, I'm wondering if you're getting a local version of
>         the icons on your remote FEs. E.g. a cached icon. If I do this:
>
>              ls -l {~mythtv,~}/.mythtv/channels
>
>         nothing is returned on a remote FE, because the icons are all in
>         one place on the BE now.
>
>         If you use Firefox on your FE/BE and then again on a remote FE
>         with the following:
>
>            <localhost|IP>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=<someChannelId>
>
>         are they also different sizes? (taking mythweb out of the picture)
>
>         Since it's working on your backend, you must already know
>         about this:
>
>         https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons#Universal_Location
>
>         but I put it here anyway.
>
>     Thanks for a reply.
>
>     My channel icon files are located in these directories:
>     /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/
>     /home/jay/.mythtv/channels/
>
>     The /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/ directory is empty.  I suspect
>     that mythtv copied the files from /home/jay/.mythtv/channels/ to
>     /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/. The file sizes are the same in
>     both directories, so the files themselves have not be scaled.
>     This is a combined FE/BE system.  It is the only FE I have.
>
>     When running firefox on the FE/BE system, the icons are scaled
>     properly.  When running firefox on some other computer (non mythtv
>     computer), the icons are not scaled. The HTML code is the same for
> [...]
Thanks to those that responded.  I believe I have resolved the mythweb
issue.  What I think happened is that the old version of mythweb used
height="nn" width="nn" parameters with the img= HTML markup for the
channel icons.  This was how the old mythweb achieved the scaling.  The
current mythweb no longer includes those parameters, but uses a CSS file
instead.  So my browser, on machines other than the new FE/BE, was
caching the old CSS file (without the scaling class) but pulling the new
HTML.  So I would see the new updated content, but the channel icons
would not be scaled.  A simple refresh in the browser corrected this.
Seems silly, now.
Jay