[mythtv-users] Backend would not wake up on time.

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sat Nov 15 16:30:35 UTC 2014

On 15/11/14 14:16, R Kannan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the backend (0.25 on Mythbuntu 12.04) set up to hibernate and
> wake up 2 mins before any scheduled recording to record my shows. It
> works most of the time but once in a while like last Thursday, it fails.
> I went through the logs and found the following snippet...
>
> Nov 13 21:09:30 HP-DVR mythbackend[2840]: N Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2814
> (ShutdownServer) Running the command to set the next scheduled wakeup
> time :-#012#011#011#011#011#011#011sudo sh -c "/usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime
> 1415933820"

Can you post the script /usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime here?

I would think that it is a permission problem, but it wouldn't explain
why it works most of the time. The location of the script /bin/sbin also
suggests that root privileges might be required to run it. If not, then
the command to set the wakeup time within the script certainly needs
root privileges.

You should run the script with "sudo /usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime" and add it
to your sudoers file to run without password prompt.

HTH
Thomas