[mythtv-users] recording schedules cleanup, automatic removal of "record once" rules?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:41:56 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 11/08/2014 11:52 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> This showing rules are deleted automatically (within a couple days) after
>>> the showing's end time. Find rules are cleaned up automatically once a
>>> successful recording is completed--which means if your recording is
>>> marked
>>> as damaged, for example, they won't be cleaned up (and will cause a
>>> recording for a future showing if you haven't deleted the rule manually
>>> in
>>> the meantime).
>>
>> Mike, let's say those rules are not being cleaned up automatically, is
>> there a scenario when this would happen that this system might be
>> triggering so that they remain?
>

> If your master backend is running properly and jobs are running properly,
> then rules should be cleaned up--unless you have (some pretty major)
> database corruption (probably schema corruption, unless someone has been
> editing record-related data in the database directly).  That said, a far
> more likely scenario is that you've got a lot of shows marked as damaged
> (due to reception or capture device/recording errors), so the find rules are
> sticking around.
>
> The queries are generally time-based, so it may be possible for time issues
> on the system to cause problems.  Possibly if your database is lacking time
> zone data?
>
> Really, though, I'm just guessing.  I don't have any information to make any
> kind of educated guess.  There's not really any logging in the part that
> cleans up the database (unless you get database errors) because it just
> works (so we haven't even added any debug-level output for even any specific
> logging area).  You'd have to run the master backend with -v db and watch to
> see if it even runs the queries (look for "DELETE FROM record").
>

> Mike

ok, I'll have to do some investigation.
The db is from before the GMT switch, so it's possible something
happened there, but how can I verify the time zone data is correct?
(ie what am I looking for, generally).
I'll also verify that the recordings are marked as "good", as
sometimes the HDPVR tuners don't work quite as expected...

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!