[mythtv-users] No audio for DVD playback

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:21:30 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

On 11/11/2014 09:10 PM, Richard Hulme wrote:
> Does this occur on all DVDs or just one/some?  What's your audio setup?
>  Did audio work on DVDs before you made the changes to the frontend?
> What did you change?

It occurs on all DVDs.

My audio setup (summarised) is as follows; if you need further info
please ask:

- ALSA:hdmi:CARD=Intel,DEV=1
- Stereo speaker configuration

This is a Zotac H55-ITX card with an Intel Core i3-540 CPU. A Samsung TV
is connected to the HDMI port; audio goes through the HDMI interface.
This works for playing back recordings and music but not for DVD playback.

Audio did work on DVDs prior to making my changes.

I'm not sure what was changed exactly, unfortunately. Part of the
problem is that I lost power to the motherboard, and it seems that the
on-board battery is no longer working because I had to reconfigure the
BIOS from the ground up. One thing I had to do was to reenable audio
over HDMI, but as I said that does not explain why it is working for
recordings and music but not DVDs.

> Logs with -v playback --loglevel=debug would be best but I'm not aware
> of any current issues.

The requested frontend log is here:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8962758/

I really don't know how to interpret it, so I also don't know how to
paste the salient bits here.

Thanks, Jan