[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase gets "DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error"

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 04:22:52 UTC 2014

On 11/09/2014 09:51 PM, John Klug wrote:
> In the past two weeks I can no longer download from schedules direct.
>
> I have the IP address for schedules direct in my hosts file.  My data stops
> on November 14th, I believe.

Hi,

Here's a set of questions for starters:

1. Do you have any 'stuck' files in /tmp such as mythtv_ddp..... ?
    If so, remove it/them and try again.

2. What version of MythTV are you running?

3. Have you run mythfilldatabase more than 14 times in one hour?
    If so, wait 24 hours for the Schedules Direct ban to expire.

4. If none of the above help, please pastebin the entire log and
    put the link to the pastebin here. In a current version of
    MythTV, the preferred command line is:

    mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --logpath /tmp -v network,file --loglevel debug

    but you'll have to adjust for whatever version you're running.
    mythfilldatabase --help most likely works.

5. Include your /etc/hosts entry.

--
Bill