[mythtv-users] recording schedules cleanup, automatic removal of "record once" rules?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 10 03:09:10 UTC 2014

On 11/09/2014 05:53 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2014, at 3:37 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>
>>> What happens if you delete the recording with "allow rerecord"? I
>>> would expect myth to rerecord the show but it sounds like it won't.
>>
>> I assume / think it marks the oldrecorded.duplicate as 0 so it is
>> ignored for duplicate detection purposes and then just leaves the
>> recording rule in place
>
> That's what I thought too until this mention of "Record Once"
> recording rules being zapped a few days after being fulfilled.

If it's recorded successfully, the record once rule (having run it's
directed course--after all, it successfully recorded the show once) is
removed.  If you delete with "allow re-record", you're not saying, "do
re-record"--just saying, "allow re-record [if I ever have a rule that
matches the episode again]".  So, if you want it to re-record, you'll
need to ensure you create a new rule that will match it.

We can't fake a new rule to match it in the future because there are too
many variables--we don't know what kind of rule you had (this episode,
find once, record all, ...) or what filters (this channel, exclude
generics, ...) or what other options you had on it (max episodes,
auto-expirable, record new and expire old, transcode, commercial
detection, ...)--or even whether a rule with the exact same options as
before (other than start/end time) would even match a future episode or
whether some of those options would prevent its re-record.  And that's
not even mentioning the fact that we don't know how to find that
particular episode, again (for some it's based on subtitle, for others
based on subtitle and description, for others based on program ID,
...).  Therefore, we require further human interaction to actually
create a rule.

Mike