[mythtv-users] MythTV v.27 an HDHR Prime w/comcast

John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Sun Nov 9 18:19:33 UTC 2014

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Gary Buhrmaster
Date:11/08/2014 11:59 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV v.27 an HDHR Prime w/comcast

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 6:16 AM, John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc)
<v-johmo at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I have not been able to get mythtv to scan an see channels from my
> hdhr.

One does not "scan channels" with a HDHR Prime and
an activated CableCARD.  One uses "Fetch channels from
listings source" to download the cable channel definitions.
See the directions at:
  https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime
(about half way down the article, at MythTV Configuration).

Scanning for channels could work for Clear QAM
channels, but Comcast encrypts everything (well,
the EAS channel, a test bar channel, the channel that
tells you you need to purchase service, and some
local radio channels are not encrypted) in all but the
last (few) legacy franchises, so that one needs to
use the virtual tuning capability of an OCUR tuner
with an activated CableCARD, and "fetch channels"
from a source for the definitions.

Forgive me,  trying to write this from my phone.

I clicked on fetch channels,  but nothing seems to happen.  My SD subscription is good till dec. an I have confirmed that mythtv has proper cred's entered. After clicking fetch channels,  my starting channel does not change from 2 to please add....  The doc was written for .25, is this different in .27? Any updated doc? Should I rebuild to .25?

John