[mythtv-users] Transferring Master Backend

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Nov 8 19:05:53 UTC 2014

On 11/8/2014 10:37 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 11/8/2014 10:33 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> Transferring a headless master backend and I *almost* made it. I'm
>> following most of the instructions on the wiki. The main difference
>> is that first I'm getting an old version of Myth, 24.3, up and
>> running on the new host before I upgrade.
>>
>> I have it running. The front ends can access the new backed and can
>> play the existing recordings and can make new recordings.
>>
>> Mythweb at the moment is on the old host but seems to be working. It
>> can view all the recordings and can schedule as well. I'll move it
>> once I get things fixed.
>>
>> There is some problem with preview generation. The preview is not
>> generated and attempts to delete a recording in progress say the
>> master backend has the file locked for preview generation.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I've missed in the transfer? File permission in
>> the new directory? selinux setting?
>>
>> I got the host name changed in the database so all the *old* previews
>> are showing. Just no new ones.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kirk
>
> Oh, just caught a segfault on the new server:
>
> mythpreviewgen[3598]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fa393eaba40
> error 14 in mythpreviewgen[400000+6000]

Fixed it. Yum had pulled in a handful of 0.25 mythlib files instead of
the proper 24.3 versions. Manually replacing them by first removing the
incorrect files with rpm -e --nodep fixed the problem.

This is all temporary anyway as I will upgrade to the current Myth soon.
What, 27.4?

Stephen Collier has some nice packages for CentOS and it's ilk.