[mythtv-users] Bookmarks on multiple frontends

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:08:06 UTC 2014



> On 8 Nov 2014, at 8:15 am, "stinga" <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:
> 
> On 07/11/14 21:12, Mark Perkins wrote:
>>> On 8 Nov 2014, at 7:39 am, "stinga"<stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com>  wrote:
>>> >
>>> >On 07/11/14 20:50, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>>>>> >>>>IE Watch on FE/BE, exit out
>>>> >>I think there is a bookmark on exit option that you can turn on.  I have my enter button on the remote set a bookmark.
>>>> >>
>>>> >>And yes, it works as you describe, once a bookmark is set.
>>> >Hmm, I am pretty sure that is set, since I can play from bookmark when I play again.
>>> >I also tried to manually set a bookmark and try that, still did not want to share the bookmark.
>> You will need to check the 'bookmark on exit' setting on each frontend. Otherwise the second will just clear it and not put one back on exit.
> Thanks, I will check that. But shouldn't it start from where the other FE left off even if the 2nd FE does not update the bookmark? I would have thought that would have caused an issue when going back to another FE. IE, start watching on FE1, exit (save book mark), play on FE2 from where FE1 left off, if the bookmark is not saved start from beginning on any other FE.

Correct, my understanding is that by default all FE will clear bookmark on entry (IIRC, not checked in a long time). So FE1 sets on exit, FE2 clears on resume and (I assume) FE2 is not setting on exit so going back to FE1 will start from the beginning again, loosing progress.

> 
> So table recorded holds all recorded shows and table recordedmarkup holds the position of the bookmark (type 2), I will have a look next time I have the 2nd FE running and see if the bookmark is being set, I can see it set from the combo FE/BE (well I can't tell its the c.FE/BE but I assume it is since that works).
> 
> It's not that much on an issue if it does not work, not that hard to remember the time and skip forward.

It should work.

> 
> -- 
> 'ooroo
> 
> Stinga...(:)-)
> ---------------------------------------------------
> Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
> You need only two tools.        o /////
> A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
> doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
> the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
> shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\
> ---------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list