[mythtv-users] new Schedules Direct not random?

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:08:06 UTC 2014

On 11/6/2014 11:52 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> The 'Next Suggested' time that was previously known to be developed based
> on server load etc. is now simply the time of the session + 24 hours.

I plan on changing that today.  I assumed (correctly) that Tribune had already smoothed out the times for folks using "Next Suggested" so I didn't
want to mess that up... I was focused on other sections of the code.

> If you wanted to change it, then just run mfdb manually at your chosen time.

After my tweaking that would still work, you'll just get "close" to 24 hours, not exactly.

If someone does choose to use cron, please schedule it for the afternoon.  Cron users seem to download around local midnight or 1am, and there are
massive spikes.  The data loads around 10am central, so I suggest if you go cron, pick a random hour/minute between 11am and 5pm so you get good
prime-time data. (best way to pick a random minute, is use the minute right now!)

I plan on emailing folks getting data during the bigger spike times asking them to move.

Robert