[mythtv-users] New install help - selected programs never record

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 6 20:26:10 UTC 2014

On 11/06/2014 02:31 PM, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> Debian testing, mysql 5.5.40-0+wheezy1, mythtv
> 0.27.4+fixes20141029-dmo1
>
> Screwed things up when an upgrade went bad. wiped everything out, and
> did a complete reinstall. everything appears to be working, except
> nothing gets recorded.

Assuming you have listings, which

> I can select any upcoming tv show

seems to indicate you do, this is almost always due to an error in Input
Connections configuration.  I recommend doing both the "Delete all Video
Sources" and "Delete all Capture Cards" portions of:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

> This is what is what I get when I run "sudo tail
> -f /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

You trimmed too much from the log--there's not much of any information
in there other than metadata download information.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs

However, the one scheduler line indicates it's placing 0 shows (none
scheduled to record) in 0s, which provides further evidence that the
above guess is correct.

Mike