[mythtv-users] Finding the source of rpms (was Removing ATrpms from Fedora 20)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Nov 6 09:17:00 UTC 2014

On 02/11/14 23:52, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 02/11/14 23:11, Paul Stillwell wrote:
>> Ah, sweet, that was very helpful! That output a bunch of ATrpms.net
>> <http://ATrpms.net> lines without the package name, but I was able to
>> modify it to be this:
>>
>> rpm -qa —qf  '%{NAME}\t%{VENDOR}\n' | grep -i atrpms
>
> That still didn't work for me - but using double quotes produced a
> plausible looking list.  I haven't noticed any ill effects, but I'll
> look for possible replacements;  my current build (el7) was supposed to
> be nux-repo based.  Thanks.
>
> John P

I'll come back on this because I had trouble with it second time around.
  The real trouble was that it should have been --qf. so the command
line, in a state ready for copying, should be

rpm -qa --qf " %{NAME}\t%{VENDOR}\n " | grep -i atrpms

and obviously this needn't be specific to atrpms.

I think this character-modification must have arisen in the Apple/html
email chain.  I'm seeing something strange in the revised 'Subject'
here, too.

Coincidentally, Stephen Collier, the current builder of MythTV packages
for the ATrpms environment, recently posted that
  > For future reference you can use "rpm -e --nodeps file.rpm" to
remove something that has dependencies you don't want to remove.

where the intention was to remove packages that might conflict with