[mythtv-users] Converting scripts to not use the database directly

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:33:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> MythTV has a lot of user-editable data, and much of it users don't even
> realize they can edit (such as recording title/subtitle/description), often
> because they can't find the option in the UI.  Having a single place to go
> to edit whatever data makes it easy to edit anything.

I would be one such user---I occasionally want to fix
title/subtitle/descriptions that were broadcast inconsistently for
different episodes of a series, among other things. I can't find the option
in the UI and have in the past been discouraged from editing the database
(which, for lack of documentation other than the source, seemed to be the
most accessible option). Where is the single place I should go to edit
whatever data?