[mythtv-users] mythtv plex integration

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:19:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Justin Alcorn <justin at jalcorn.net> wrote:

> First try) User job that took the .MPG files and transcoded it to .mp4
> files for use with MythRoku.  HDPVR streams took the Commercial
> Cutlist, reversed it and used ffmpeg and ffconcat to cut out the
> commercials.  HDHomerun streams used mythtransocer --honorcutlist,
> then HandBrakeCLI to convert to H.264.  This was somewhat unrealiable
> and seeking was completely broken.
>
> Second Try) Use mythlinks.pl with an enhancement to put SxxExx in the
> title, and make a library pointing to that directory.  The
> mythlinks.pl job was run by the plex user.  I still used #1 to convert
> everything to H.264 and cut commercials.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you let Plex do the transcoding on the fly?
This is the route I went and had good success with playback; my issue was
not getting correct filenames when the metadata didn't match up. This
happened most often on local news broadcasts and my sources insisting that
the Conan talk show was really Conan the Barbarian. :-) I haven't visited
it in a while but would love to find a way to make this work.