[mythtv-users] Comcast encrypting World Series on FoxHD

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Nov 3 13:19:54 UTC 2014

> Oops, sorry. I thought I had told you that I was not able to record World
> Series games on my local (Salinas, CA, USA) FoxHD channel with either a
> Motorola DCH3200 using firewire

No idea about that one.

> or an HDHomerun Prime using ethernet.

First you need to determine the IP address of your HDHR Prime. I'm not sure
what the best option for that is. I know the prime uses a device ID with an
autodiscovery protocol, so you don't need to figure that part out. I don't
recall whether or not you can just go into mythtv-setup and it will show
you the address of the device it discovered. If it doesn't, the easiest way
might be to go into your router's web admin and look at the DHCP info to
see which IP it  assigned the device (most routers will provide you at
least this much info)

Once you have the IP address, you need to go to that IP in your web
browser. Then get mythtv to start playing back a channel, and while it is
attempting to play the channel you can go into the primes tuner status page
and see all of the info about the channel it's watching (CCI flags, CGMS
flags, etc)

--
Ron Frazier