[mythtv-users] PVR-150/300/500 HVR-1600 commflag workaround

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sun Nov 2 21:24:13 UTC 2014

I think I know why commflagging isn't working on recordings made using these analog tuners. And I have a workaround. If, when you run the mythcommflag command from the command line, you get a lot of errors like this:
2014-11-02 16:09:46.253190 E  decoding error
                        eno: Unknown error 541478725 (541478725)
it's probably because you've got a bad record in the recordedseek table for that recording, something like this:
chanid  starttime   mark    offset  type
2005    2014-11-02 07:00:00 0   4294967146  9

It's supposed to be the offset of the first frame (mark=0) and should be a very small number. I haven't figured out where this bogus offset comes from, but you should be able to work around it by rebuilding the seek table for each affected recording. For example:

mythcommflag --file <storage-directory>/filename.mpg --rebuild

Once you've done that, commercial flagging should work, and should work better with my patches from:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308

I'm now going to hunt down where that bogus offset comes from, but a fix probably won't help existing recordings. You'll need to rebuild the seek table for those.

HTH,
Helen