[mythtv-users] Converting scripts to not use the database directly

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 13:58:42 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Mike Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think the general approach would be to use Mythtv Services API.
>> See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API

I encountered a lot of issues with the documentation as well.

While not specific to the updateDB, here's how I'm updating values in
the settings table in the mfdb-json.php grabber:

$request = $client->post("http://$host:6544/Myth/PutSetting", array(),
        array("Key" => "MythFillSuggestedRunTime", "Value" =>
$nextConnectTime))->send();
    $request = $client->post("http://$host:6544/Myth/PutSetting", array(),
        array("Key" => "DataDirectMessage", "Value" => "Your
subscription expires on $expires."))->send();
}

That might give you a starting point to deciphering the rest of the
API documentation.