[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sat Nov 1 00:15:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think the answer to op question is simple one making mythtbackend
> acceptable on both networks I have public  wifi on 192.168.2.xx  for
> raspberry watering station wifi thermostat and other wifi controling
> devices and rest of wired and wireless network is on 192.168.0.xx and I
> have no issue accessing anything on my network.  Other option is to install
> two network cards or setup multiple network ip addresses on single
> interface arch linux allows you do acomplish this
>
> Connection='ethernet'
> Description=''
> Interface='eth0'
> IP='static'
> Address=('192.168.2.10' '192.168.3.11')
> Gateway='192.168.1.1'
> DNS=('192.168.1.1')

Unfortunately this won't work for the OP.

What your suggesting is running multiple logical subnets on the same
physical network, which is easily done... any client plugged into the
switch/hub can be in either subnet, just by changing it's IP addressing.

The OP is using a layer3 switch, and each port is assigned to a VLAN.
Ports in different VLANs are, for all intents and purposes, on separate
physical networks with a router managing traffic between them.