[mythtv-users] InfiniTV capture card setup on 0.27

Yippee Three-eight yp_38 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 17:43:22 UTC 2014

I'm having trouble setting up my capture card on MythTV 0.27.  It's a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe.  Specifically, according to the wiki.....

Create the Recorders

In MythTV you will want to create four "Ceton Cablecard tuner" recorders for each installed Ceton card (you probably only have one card). You want them to have the following settings:

        IP address: 192.168.200.1. If you have more physical Ceton and Cable cards, they're 192.168.200.3, 192.168.200.5, etc.
        Device: If your card is not physically connected to your MythTV backend (unlikely), you'll want this to be 'RTP.' I wasn't able to get RTP to work at all, and I was physically connected, so I followed the instructions and made it '0'
        Tuner: Each of your four recorders that you create should be numbered 0, 1, 2, 3, one number each.

The problem is that when I run mythtv-setup and configure the capture card, when I select Ceton Cablecard Tuner" it only gives me to options that I can change.  I can set the IP address, and I can specify the tuner number.  I have to option to select the "device".  mythtv-setup automatically sets the card to RTP.  Lots of people have problems getting RTP working on this card, and since I have absolutely no resources to help me get RTP working (and don't need it since my card is physically installed in my backend machine), I don't want to use it.  I can tune channels and watch them via mplayer just fine, but I cannot get RTP working.  So I don't want to use RTP.

So what I'm asking for is if anybody else with a Ceton Cablecard could run mythtv-setup on 0.27 and see if they have the option to set the "Device".  I'm thinking that the problem is somehow related to the mythtv package for my distro (OpenSUSE), and that the option may be there in other distros.  If that is the case, I will submit a bug report so that they can hopefully fix the issue in 0.27, or at the least, in 0.27.1.

Mike B