[mythtv-users] Power on/off TV with CEC

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 24 18:19:32 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a ION based frontend with a Pulse-Eight CEC USB adapter.

I want to use the CEC device to power on the TV at boot and power off
when power off the frontend.

I installed "libcec-daemon" from deb-multimedia:

$ dpkg -l | grep cec
ii  libcec-daemon                         0.9~20131022-dmo6
      amd64        Simple daemon to connect libcec to uinput.
ii  libcec2:amd64                         2.1.4-dmo4
      amd64        USB CEC Adaptor communication Library (shared
library)

On power on it works great, I push the fronted power button and it
power the TV in the correct HDMI input.

But nothing happens on power off. The frontend PC power off but the TV is on.

How could I power off? Need I configure any CEC command?

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano