[mythtv-users] low-power FE: AMD now better than Nvidia?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri May 23 19:47:48 UTC 2014

Recently I do some tests on Brazos (E350) and I must say for me FOSS AMD
support for video reaches nearly Nvidia level (which is reference for me).
HW video decode works for all content I tested. But what surprise me is
DI quality.
Visually I can't see difference between Nvidia 2xTemporal and AMD 2xHW.
What surprise!
All this was on FOSS without any monolithic BLOBs like Nvidia
proprietary drivers.
Moreover, AMD hasn't some visual glitches with notification GL
animations which Nvidia has so I can say AMD works for me even better
than Nvidia - go figure?!??!
Taking into account that Brazos can do full DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD
bit streaming - it can become to be platform of choice for low-power FE.
I'm really surprised....