[mythtv-users] moving from 026 to 027 on gentoo on a new system

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:04:22 UTC 2014

Hoi Thomas,

Friday, May 23, 2014, 11:38:07 AM, you wrote:

> On 23/05/14 09:14, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I have a migration planned for my backend server for coming sunday at
>> which time I also want to move from 026 to 027. Except for myth it is
>> all either strait forward to me or can be done in the coming week at
>> leisure. I looked at the wiki and didn't see an item for this move and

> You mean this?

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration

>> am wondering if there are special things I have to look out for.

> If the new server has a different hostname you need to update it in the
> database (last point in the wiki article).

> HTH
> Thomas

Thanks, I've seen that article. I intend to use the old name and
change the old machines hostname prior to the migration.
I'm mostly interested if there are more steps or attention point to
the upgrade. I've done a migration before, but not an upgrade.
I'm now running test(upgrade)s on the new machine with a different
hostname. So far nu unexpected things.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven