[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:55:55 UTC 2014

On 23 May 2014 01:57, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgive me, but the method you suggest seems to be a waste of filename
> space.  You already have the name of the show in the path.  Why does it also
> need to be in the filename too?  This is something I go through with music
> as well:

and how would it know for sure that the name of the show is in the
path? at what level?

You don't have to put it in a subdirectory containing the show name.
Could have been in TV/showname.sXXeYY for all it cares.

> There is a justifiable duplication here.  Sometimes the track artist is
> different than the album artist.  Lots of times, that's not the case.
> However, in this example:

and you can know 100% for sure that this never happens with a show name?

> That's just extra, unnecessary characters in an already very long file name.
> Heck, it could be easier since there's already a Season 01 to make the
> filename:

> These are just some ideas.

Awesome... I will now await for your patch, with a mind guessing
algorithm on how the user *wanted* the show to appear and be guessed.