[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed May 21 22:02:00 UTC 2014

On 21/05/14 21:50, merc1984 at f-m.fm wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014, at 13:34, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> Mine sort correctly by season then episode and are not jumbled, not sure
>> how you get yours to be mixed. Are you sorting by file size or date or
>> something?
>>
>> The titles (for a series) are all identical obviously so don't impact
>> sort order. Remember title is the series name (ie Danger Man in your
>> case), subtitle is the episode name (ie View from the Villa). If you have
>> multiple series in a single folder then they should be grouped
>> alphabetically but otherwise still ordered by season / episode.
>
> Earlier in this thread you said:
> --------------------------------------
> Essentially for a TV show I have:
>
> /Path/to/TV/"Show Title"/"Season ##"/"Title - S##E## - Subtitle.mp4"
>
> Where /Path/to/TV/ is a folder defined in my Mythvideo storage group.
> --------------------------------------
> This means episodes will be scrambled up by title instead of
> season/episode.
>
> Anyway, I give up.  For some reason Title/Subtitle does not work, but
> setting Title and Season/Episode does.  I have to go in and modify the
> inetref for 90 shows for Danger Man alone, so Myth will fetch the
> metadata.  Then I have other series' to do.  And it seems I'll never get
> the episode photos even though it's in thetvdb, so have to do with the
> season picture for all shows in a season.
>
> I tried to suggest improvement to Myth, but it'll apparently never
> happen.  At least I tried.

There's some confusion here. Using your example above, you'd have a path of:

/path/to/TV/Danger Man/Season 01/Danger Man - S01E01 - Subtitle.mp4
/path/to/TV/Danger Man/Season 01/Danger Man - S01E02 - Subtitle.mp4
/path/to/TV/Danger Man/Season 01/Danger Man - S01E03 - Subtitle.mp4

Is there some sort order you have chosen in your file manager that overrides this?

--

Mike Perkins