[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Wed May 21 15:01:24 UTC 2014

A semi-related question: I ripped all my Star Trek TOS blu ray episodes and
put them in videos and the metadata for each was correctly found -
everything worked perfectly.

But for some reason that I will never understand, the episodes are sorted
by original air date, which makes no sense to me for lots of reasons
("Where No Man Has Gone Before" is obviously the first episode, the show's
people/history are developed/evolved in the right order, etc.) - the
sort order I prefer is production order.  (Firefly is an even more extreme
example of the air date order being terribly wrong but they changed it to
production order for the DVDs and other releases.)

So my question is: Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could
manually customize the sort order but keep the metadata correct?  I
originally had the SxxExx file names with the Exx numbers in production
order, so they were sorted correctly but the metadata for most of them were
wrong (except for the episodes where prod and air order happened to be the
same).  I'm willing to put some time into this, but would like to be as
efficient as possible.

Thanks.