[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime crashing frontend

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue May 20 11:41:46 UTC 2014

I'm was informed by my mother that Charter (Southern Lower Michigan region) will be doing a complete digital switch over by June 15th, which in turn forced me to do my first cable card install.

I already had an HDHR Prime.

So, I got a cable card and on Sunday afternoon, proceeded to the Charter Support chat page to activate it. Everything went very well and the card was activated and tested within the hour.

I figured while I was at her house, I'd move her systems over to JYA's development branch, so she could take advantage of the changes that have been put into place for LiveTV (She lives in it).

As of yesterday, she's getting multiple crashes. Scanning all of her subscribed channels using the hdhome_config utility, I found 4 channels that are marked as copy-once:

vch=35 name=cmt auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=protected-copyonce
vch=64 name=NBC Sports SD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=protected-copyonce
vch=67 name=animal planet auth=subscribed cci=protected-copyonce cgms=n/a
vch=89 name=OXYGEN EAST auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=protected-copyonce

And it so happens that the 2 channels she's trying to access are Animal Planet and Oxygen.

The frontend just terminates to the desktop and she has restart it.

I'll be contacting Charter this weekend about the incorrectly tagged channels, but I need to know what needs to be done to track down the crashes.

mythfrontend -v playback?

Myth version below:

mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27-322-gfc6e69a
MythTV Branch : devel/027candidates
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140518-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_libcrypto using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf

Thanks!

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: