[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 03:06:09 UTC 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 7:42 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Le samedi 17 mai 2014, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> When I did this it compete broke Recording/Live TV on the Ceton Tuner… I would get (TL___) but no further..
>
> > and recompile... that's for the backend…
>
> Reverting the Backend to fixes/.27 with a frontend on Devel/027candidates fixed the issue again… Def something with the Backend and the Ceton RTSP tuner in devel/027candidates that my system doesn’t like..
>
> That is interesting...
>
> So it's not the new rasp code then...
>
> There's a few commit before that, that relates to the IPTV, mostly fixes that were added for the freebox users (though none of them necessary as the rtsp big change rewrote all of them)
>
> There's only a few commits to try, so don't even have to bother with git bisect.
>
> Do the following:
>
> $ git reset --hard HEAD~
> $ make -j4 && make install
> Test
>
> As soon as it works, do git log, see the top commit and tell me which one it is. It's the last commit that works for you, the one just after will be the one that broke things....
>
> Thanks!

Well THAT was tedious lol, but I finally got back far enough to find a version that works perfectly….
This was the first one listed when I did a git log

commit d870d54ab3d048088a97f3e159cf4438de884cc5
Author: Karl Dietz <dekarl at mythtv.org>
Date:   Thu Jan 9 01:00:19 2014 +0100

    strip whitespace when splitting RTSP OPTIONS

    Patch by Nicolas Niclausse
    Refs #11949

    (cherry picked from commit 2131558d64e269cb0b700f4faf126e4fca9b2d47)

After doing this 10 times I learned a few things.
1. The Current Develop/027candidates will tune a channel just fine, and as long as I turn the channel before 60 seconds passes… it works fine… If I wait longer than 60 I get the recorder error after a ling timeout.
2. Working my way back…Just like before I got to a point where it would not work at all.. Would just give me the (TL___) screen…and never show the channel…Until I hit this build.. then everything works perfectly…

Let me know if you need the logs… I did loglevel=debug on all builds…

Greg