[mythtv-users] MinnowBoard MAX

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:58:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> wrote:
> From reading this list it seems people have issues with intel and
> mythfrontned.

Intel HD Graphics are either (a) an adequate solution, or
(b) a disappointment, depending on ones expectations
and specific configurations (if one, for example, wants
to use the HD Graphics video decoding options (rather
than software decode), you will likely need reasonably
recent intel drivers, and not all versions of HD Graphics
are the same).

The MinnowBoard Max, being Atom (Bay Trail) based
will either end up being (a) an adequate solution, or
(b) a disappointment, depending on ones expectations
While the Bay Trail Atoms are better than the previous
generation, they are still low end devices.  Until people
actually get their hands on a real operating one to test
it is mostly conjecture.  Personally, from what I want
out of a FE, I suspect this device will not make the
cut.