[mythtv-users] UPNP Media Server No Longer Working

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:14:06 UTC 2014

On May 14, 2014 3:53 AM, "John Pilkington" <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 14/05/14 07:10, Karl Dietz wrote:
>>
>> looks like the force was not with me on may the fourth...
>>
>> On 13.05.2014 22:21, Steve Boyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Going through the fixes/0.27 branch history w/ git, I DO see a change
>>> published on 2014-05-04 (authored 2014-01-31) - e50af7d which changed
>>> the mythtv/libs/libmythupnp/upnpcds.cpp. It says it fixed bug #12006
>>> (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12006). If the case is changed
>>> one spot and not elsewhere, it COULD be the culprit to what we are
>>> seeing.
>>

>> I think you may be onto something. That last commit is supposed to fix a
>> chain of commits that haven't made it for fixes/0.27, yet.
>>
>>> John, any chance of reverting this commit on your local box and seeing
>>> if this is the culprit? I do not have access to my backend machine at
>>> this time and have no experience compiling/installing mythtv from
>>> source.
>>

>> I have reverted it for now, so the next nightly build should behave as
>> before.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Karl
>

> Thanks, Karl.  That means I don.t have to figure out how to unpatch in
the specfile.  And I'll get an updated gcclib too, IIRC, and another
commit.  May be up later today.

> John

Just did an apt-get upgrade. Yes, it is 1 AM. I have a kid, what can I say?
But more pertinent to the conversation is that the UPnP server lives again.
Thanks everyone for all of the troubleshooting and reporting!

Steve