[mythtv-users] 14.04 install bug

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu May 15 03:56:58 UTC 2014

On 5/14/14, 11:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 12:28, Stephen P. Villano <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Again, it blew up and I recorded the bug upwards as 1318817, which is a
>> duplicate of 1290460.
>>
>> Mythbuntu Installer Crashes: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mythbuntu_common/vnc.py", line 58, in create_password ValueError: Password should be passed as bytes
>
> for the time being, don't check Enable VNC when running the live CD installation

Note for future reference.  :P

Has the Wiki been updated to that effect to save potential new users?

Want to know the  *really* annoying thing? I *normally* don't enable VNC
on new install. I did it this time for the first time.
Largely due to issues I still am annoyed with from my 64 bit server
install of 12.04, which still cannot initiate a VNC session. Lacking
documentation on how mythbuntu initiates Xvnc, I'm rather left in a
really time consuming attempt to figure out what went sideways.
Leaving me going downstairs to work on a server in an otherwise lights
out environment.