[mythtv-users] UPNP Media Server No Longer Working (FIXED)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed May 14 10:58:50 UTC 2014

On 14/05/14 09:52, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/05/14 07:10, Karl Dietz wrote:
>> looks like the force was not with me on may the fourth...

>> I have reverted it for now, so the next nightly build should behave as
>> before.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Karl
>
> Thanks, Karl.  That means I don.t have to figure out how to unpatch in
> the specfile.  And I'll get an updated gcclib too, IIRC, and another
> commit.  May be up later today.

OK now, as 0.27-231-ga8a79f0 on SL6 i686. Thank you.

It still has the old defect of not playing mpeg2-ps as a 'recording' on
my Panasonic TV.  I can work around that, and shorten a very long Videos
menu, by copying selected links created by mythlink.pl into a single
empty 'Videos' folder and rescanning.  It works but isn't ideal, since
a) it requires preselection and I can't then see any normal 'Videos' and
b) for videos there is no indication of playback duration or progress.

As noted (by someone else) earlier, vlc sees the MythTV servers but does
not see their content.  Both boxes have vlc 2.0.10

Cheers,