[mythtv-users] UPNP Media Server No Longer Working

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Tue May 13 22:53:08 UTC 2014

Mythtv Users:

Sorry for joining this Thread "Late"...

Recently the Patriot PBO Core Media Player I had been using to play MythTV
Recordings stopped displaying any File Structure/Content for my Mythbuntu
Backend (12.04.4/0.27+fixes) in its UPNP Mode.  Although unsorted files
can been Listed/Viewed in the PBO Core's NET Mode, the UPNP Mode no is
longer working (as it had since 2010)!  My "Workaround" was installing a
MythTV 0.27+fixes Frontend under Ubuntu 12.04.4 my Laptop (the Mythbuntu
Backend is NOT fast enough to play over the air Broadcasts since Canada
switched to Digital Signals).

If what ever "Broke" within 0.27+fixes can be reversed and I would much
prefer going back to using the Patriot PBO Core Media Player for my MythTV
Recordings...

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)