[mythtv-users] modernizing mythtv - and now OT

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Tue May 13 17:44:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is why the vast majority of these used to be in mythfrontend's
> setup area until someone got the mistaken idea that mythtv-setup is actually
> "mythbackend-setup" and all settings related to mythbackend needed to be in
> mythtv-setup.

For what it's worth, while I too think that a lot of stuff in
mythtv-setup ought to be in the frontend, it's not always obvious
*which* settings in the frontend apply to the frontend and which apply
to the backend.

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE