[mythtv-users] Modern ION replacement?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue May 13 09:25:36 UTC 2014

On 12/05/2014 19:07, Preston Crow wrote:
> What I haven't heard about is the ability to play back interlaced
> output.  I have an old CRT HDTV that needs a real 1080i input.  Can
> Intel graphics generate a 1080i signal that is properly synced to the video?

That's what the Interlaced x2 deinterlacer is for. Provided the card can
produce 1080i mode which I believe most can, the Interlaced x2
deinterlacer ensures that it doesn't matter whether you sync on odd or
even fields. It's only supported in software but it doesn't require much
CPU because it's not a true deinterlacer. The only disadvantage is that
AFAIK, you can use software deinterlacers in MythTV only with software
decoding.

Cheers,
	Paul.