[mythtv-users] explain defaultinput field in capturecard table in mythconverg

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue May 13 01:05:31 UTC 2014

On 05/13/14 09:57, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 05/12/2014 05:26 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>> So where does one set/change this field? I did not find it in the "capture cards" setup dialogue.
>>
>> The "input connections" setup lists all cards with DVBInput, never Television. Should capturecard.defaultinput
>> reflect the same?
>>
>> There surely is some confusion in the system that requires cleanup, even if, as others said here, this
>> field is not used (never or just for digital tuners?).
>
> What version of MythTV are you running? It looks like pre 0.25 or you're
> looking at the data with MySQL rather than the GUI because that doesn't
> show up in my GUI (0.28-pre.)

I am running 0.27 on f19.

I do not see the default input in the capture card setup, but rather in the DB
in the field capturecard.defaultinput.

I wanted to understand how the different values here work, or confirm that this field is
not used anymore (as was suggested).

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)